Intra-Company Transferees (ICTs)

Intra-Company Transferees (ICTs)

You can temporarily work in Canada as a high skilled worker under the Intra-Company Transfer program. It is a part of Canadian Business Immigration.
If you are employed by or own an international company with a parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Canada, then you can transfer on this Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt work permit.
The Intra-Company Transferee is designed to facilitate the hiring of temporary skilled workers who have specialized knowledge of the business. They would be relocated to the company’s location in Canada.

Who is Eligible for the Intra-Company Transferee as an Employee?

As an employee, you will be required to meet certain general requirements:
• Be employed at a company with a parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate in Canada
• Have a qualifying relationship

with the company?

• Work at an executive level, a senior management level, or a position that requires specialized knowledge
• Work at the company for 1 year in the last 3 years

Your position at the company must fall within 3 categories:

Executive Level: Executives are primarily responsible for directing a major component of the company and require general supervision from high-level management.
Senior Management Level: Senior managers are primarily in charge of the overall management of the company or managing other professional employees.
Specialized Knowledge Workers: Workers with specialized knowledge must demonstrate that they have advanced expertise in the products or services offered by the company.

What are the Requirements for the Intra-Company Transfer as a Business?

As an employer, if you want to transfer your qualified employees to Canada, then you will have to meet certain requirements.
You must be actively engaged in business with your Canadian parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate.
The Intra-Company Transferee work permit can be renewed. However, certain evidence must be provided for renewals:
• The foreign company must have a qualifying relationship with the Canadian company.
• The Canadian office must have engaged in continuous operations in the last 1 year
• The Canadian office is staffed

Advantages of ICT

• After one year, intra company transferees can use work experience gained on ICT Work Permit for immigration through Express Entry. With a valid job offer, additional 50 points (Under NOC 0, A, B) or 200 (Under NOC 00) for a valid job offer in Canada increasing a foreign worker’s CRS [Comprehensive Ranking System] Score which increases the chances to get an ITA as well [Invitation to Apply for Permanent Residnce]. If the foreign worker also owns (at least 51%) a Canadian company, then he may apply for Owner Operator LMIA [Labour Market Impact Assessment] to get additional 200 points for a valid job offer. Consequently, intra company transfer can be treated as a valid job offer for Canada PR purposes in certain circumstances.

• To be successful in Express Entry profile you need at least 6 band each in all skills in General IELTS or CELPIP.
• Please note that there is no minimum Net-Worth or investment, however financial ability to establish a business which is considered in business plan will be assessed and so should be followed.
• Transferring of money from overseas banks to Canadian business account will be helpful to show genuine intention to invest.
• Unlike many other business stream to immigrate to Canada, work permit processing takes less time. You can apply at Visa Post, Online or Port of Entry.
• The spouse of main applicant can get Open Work Permit and children under 18 get student Visa and they can enroll in Public Schools and study with free.
• The all members of family of the main applicant will be eligible for free Provincial Health Coverage
• Work permit can be issued initially for one or two years. Extension can be granted for total period of 5 or 7 years from the start of work permit.